Hi, if we haven’t already met at last year’s PWS Asia Pacific Conference, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Rachel – ‘Senior Manager – Accommodation and Shared Living’ here at Interaction Services. Part of my role at Interaction includes overseeing various PWS high support accommodation models in Sydney. I have had extensive training when it comes to the various elements of support required for people with PWS, and am pleased to announce that I will be visiting Brisbane from 3-5 June. You can find out more about me via the Meet the Team section on our PWS website.
The intention of my visit is to:
– Talk to families about any accommodation requirements for people with PWS, provide an update on the Mt Gravatt Empowered Living Apartments, and inform you of other accommodation opportunities we may be able to offer, depending on the circumstance of the individual;
– Aside from Accommodation, gauge demand for additional PWS services & supports to be introduced in Qld. Interaction will be registered to provide services & supports in addition to Accommodation from 1 July 2019. We are seeking feedback from the PWS community regarding services required, which will then determine the potential of Interaction providing services such as Behaviour & Allied Health, Direct Support and Support Coordination in Queensland in the near future.
– Talk to any professionals who may benefit from training in relation to PWS services and supports.
Due to the complexity of PWS, the lack of understanding and the specialised types of support required, we understand that getting the right services and supports is extremely difficult. Help us to determine what’s required. If you’re a parent or carer who needs these kinds of supports and services, or a professional looking for PWS training, email your Expression of Interest by Friday 24 May 2019. Please include the following information:
– Preferred phone number (specify best call times if you have preference);
– Your relationship to the person you are enquiring on behalf of;
– What services are required now or in the future (eg Accommodation, Support Coordination, Direct Support, Behaviour & Allied Health or professional training); and
– Your availability between 3-5 June 2019, including your location
Based on the number of responses received, I will then determine whether to make individual visits to you, or if a set location will be arranged, with individual booking times.
Can’t meet? No problem, just send an email with the above details included, indicating that you are unable to meet in person. I will then contact you via phone to discuss your requirements.
I look forward to hearing from you.